Recently I’ve been wishing to escape more and more, although I’m mostly where I’d like yo be. I do love living abroad, and for the most part I do love teaching, but there have been a few people that I do not enjoy being around as of late and tasks I can’t stand doing.
During those times, my mind wanders to undiscovered lands, uninhabited by people, and filled will all sorts of vegetation. I imagine napping under an ancient tree in a pleasantly warm climate. How nice that would be…
I dub this the fluffy pompom flower. It’s another one of the strange plants I saw at the Higashiyama Botanical Garden greenhouse.
From Higashiyama Botanical Garden:
I have no clue what this thing is called but it looks like a pack of q-tips my friend bought once.
The post office delivered the bowl I made a few months ago in Okazaki. After deciding the shape and decorating the bowl, I sent it away to be fired and colored. After a month and a half, along with a delivery fee of ¥570, I have my dish ready to be used to hold candy.
Osaka Aquarium, serving all of your Lovecraftian needs. When you prefer your eldrich horrors to pair well with wine and butter, they’ve got you covered.
Another picture from my recent trip to Osaka. I want to call this one Fish-nado. 🐟
2017 is almost over. So what happened this year? What did I do with it?
- worked and traveled a lot
- made some friends
- said goodbye to a few friends
- got my own apartment
- took a Japanese test
- did important life stuff in a foreign language
- gained, lost, then regained weight
- accepted myself a bit more and became less uncomfortable wearing and presenting as I really want to
- blogged more regularly or at least tried to
- stopped getting chonic hives and came off a year plus round of steriods
- started singing more seriously and entered a few contests/battled
- just had a good year in general