Yesterday, while eating a lunch of convenience store yakitori and rice balls, I received a surprising notification on my phone. I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award thanks to Michael over at JapanTrekker, a photography blog that I have been watching for a while now. A lot of his recent posts have been some stunning shots of Japan, but there is photography from all around the world in his archives.
ABOUT THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
1) Display the award on your blog.
2) Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3) Share seven facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blog.
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME
1) I am a teacher, currently focusing on students from the ages of three through fourteen, though I specialize in teaching adults.
2) I can speak conversational Japanese, but can read a little Spanish, French, and tiny bit of Chinese as well.
3) I studied Graphic Design for three years during high school and two years in college.
4) The majority of my photos are taken with my cellphone to and from work.
5) I have suffered from severe food allergies since the age of twelve, although my condition has improved a lot from living in Japan, and taking large doses of medication everyday.
6) My childhood dream was to be an archaeologist specializing in underwater and forested ruins.
7) I cannot swim. At all.
Cooking with Wallflower – delicious receipts along with stunning photos
Twocatsviews – our world and universe, according to cats
Sakura Junction – amazing Japanese food and sweets
Joshidaniel – moving (hearts, not images) photography
Abandoned Japan – urban exploration pictures
Yoooya – a seasoned traveler and photographer
Wrong Hands – an interesting take on life, as drawn by a graphic artist
Abandoned Kansai – urban exploration at its finest
Uncle Mel’s – various photographs and musings
Abandoned NYC – urban exploration of the big apple
What the Ducks – a bit of everything along with some adorable ducks
Aquacompass7 – one man’s look on where we came from and where we are going (JAPANESE with an occasional English Post)
Bite-sized Dhamma – a little bit of Buddha for our crazy lives
Helloalissa – quality articles about teaching in Japan and live as a teacher
Leaf and Twig – Plants, flowers, and a whole lot of nature
If you have some time, please make sure to check these awesome blogs out.